eTaildTail friends at Dr. Ralph F. Wilson Web Marketing Today have a great, free Web video education on mastering Google Adword buys, if that is even possible.
I saw it last week and wanted to share it with all of you. Lance Loveday is excellent.
- Chip Arndt
How to Dominate Google AdWords
By: Lance Loveday
As seen on “Dr. Ralph F. Wilson Web Marketing Today”
August 18, 2009
"In this video interview paid search specialist Lance Loveday offers the first of 10 tips on how to dominate ads on Google AdWords listings. He discusses the first five tips in this interview:
1. Run the Search Query Performance Report to find the actual keyword queries your ads show up for.
2. Calculate the ROI for each match type using the same report, sorting on 'match type' and focus on match types with the highest ROI -- usually exact match.
3. Run the Placement Performance Report for keywords on the content network, and prune domains that aren't as productive.
4. Run the Campaign Performance Report with 'impression share' checked to see what percentage of the time your ads are shown, then adjust based on available budget.
5. Always be testing at least two versions of your ad copy…"